Sketch 4 Freedom
Terms & Conditions
The sponsor of the 2018 Four Freedoms Park Sketching Contest is Four Freedoms Park Conservancy ("Four Freedoms Park"), 1 FDR Four Freedoms Park, Roosevelt Island, NY 10044
The Contest has a deadline of September 30, 2018 at 11:59 pm PDT (the Deadline). All entries must be received by the Deadline.
WHO MAY ENTER
Entrants must be at least 18 years of age as of the date of entry. Four Freedom Park Conservancy staff, judges, and their families are not eligible to enter the competition. CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
COST OF ENTRY
There is no cost of entry for the contest.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter electronically, please visit [TK] to register. Once the registration process has been completed, you will receive an e-mail confirmation. Simply log onto the website and follow the online instructions to upload images from your computer. Digital images should have a long dimension of 1,400 pixels. The image should be saved at 72 dpi, however 300 dpi is also acceptable. We can accept images that are up to 10 megabytes. Images may be color profiled in sRGB, Adobe-1998, or not color-managed.
- You may enter one entry.
- No mail-in entry is available for this Contest.
- Each entry consists of an entry form, and an image.
- Each submitted sketch, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted sketch is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the sketch does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the sketch.
- Sketches that include sculptures, statues, paintings, and other works of art will be accepted as long as they do not constitute copyright infringement or fraud, provided that entrants must be prepared to provide a release form as described below in "Third Party Releases/Licenses." When sketching the work of others, it must be as an object in its environment and not a full-frame close up of another person's art.
- The entries will be judged in accordance with the Judging Criteria, as defined below. The sketch must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsors, contain obscene, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. Sketches deemed inappropriate will be disqualified.
- On-line entries must be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, internet domain owner, or other person or organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Contest consists of two (2) rounds of evaluation. In the first round, a panel of experts (the "Judges") will each review the entries and determine the top five. The public will vote for their favorite to determine the winner.
Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, artistic quality and effectiveness in expressing the contest theme. Winners will be announced on this website as well as on social media channels.
Decisions of the Sponsors and Judges are final and binding.
Sponsors reserve the right not to award all prizes in the event an insufficient number of eligible entries meeting the minimum judging criteria are received, as determined by Sponsors and Judges in their sole discretion.
- By participating, ALL ENTRANTS grant Four Freedoms Park Conservancy and their designees, licensees or affiliates (the "Authorized Parties") the right to reproduce, distribute, display and post the entries online, and in promotions directly related to the 2018 Four Freedoms Park Sketching Contest, so that audience members may view all competing entries.
- By participating, each WINNER grants to the Authorized Parties a non-exclusive license for use of his/her winning entry in connection with the Four Freedoms Park Sketching Contest and promotion of the Four Freedoms Park Sketching Contest, including but not limited to print or digital publication and public exhibitions showcasing the winners. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
- COPYRIGHT OVER EACH ENTRY REMAINS THE PROPERTY OF ITS RESPECTIVE ENTRANT.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
By participating, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Four Freedoms Park Conservancy, and each of their respective partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages arising out of their participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any prize awarded hereunder.
Sponsors assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Contest entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms. Sponsors are not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrants' or any other persons' computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to this Contest.
This Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Certain restrictions may apply. Entries void if the Sponsor determines the entry to not be an original, or if the entries are illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, altered, counterfeit, produced in error or obtained through fraud or theft.
Participants also agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules; (b) that the decisions of the Judges are final on all matters relating to the Contest; and (c) if he/she wins that Sponsor may use each winner's name and sketch in any publicity or advertising relating to the Contest or future promotions without compensation or approval (except in Tennessee and where prohibited by law). All federal, state and local taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. In the event that the selected winner(s) of any prize are/is ineligible or refuses the prize, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may choose whether to award the prize to another entrant.
RIGHT TO CANCEL OR SUSPEND CONTEST
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsors that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. If Sponsors elect to cancel or terminate the Contest, Sponsors will not retain any rights in the submitted photographs.