Learn about the memorial forty years in the making from multiple perspectives at one of our special Behind-the-Scenes Conservancy Tours! Tours will take place on:
- Saturday, May 14: Franklin D. Roosevelt Four Freedoms Park: Past, Present, and Future
- Saturday, June 11: Landmarks in and around Four Freedoms Park
- Saturday, July 9: Signature Park Tour en Español
- Saturday, August 13: Flora and Fauna at Four Freedoms Park
- Saturday, September 10: Louis Kahn's Optical Illusions
Franklin D. Roosevelt Four Freedoms Park: Past, Present, and Future
The memorial to President Franklin D. Roosevelt was announced by Governor Nelson Rockefeller and Mayor John Lindsay in 1973, and yet due to financial instability, the death of its architect Louis Kahn, and changes within NY State leadership, plans for the memorial were put aside. Discover the unique history of the Park's past, present, and future in this exciting tour.
Free! Walk-ins welcome; registration recommended.